Wednesday, September 19, 2012

THE LATE LATE SHOW

                   I suppose you may be wondering about today's title and what it has to do with the picture I chosen .Bear with me a moment I will explain I hope . Movies sort of limits your vision of the world as does peering from under a bridge .
                When I was a teenager I use to look forward to watching the late shows on television with my mother . The movies would be from every type and style . Humphry Bogart and his classic fedora hat with that tilt and trench coat with the collar turned up was impressive to me . Then  the swashbuckler movies with the dramatic sword fights that take up a good part of the movie . How about the movies with the foreign intrigue and the wonderful scenery throughout . I would watch these with such interest and wonderment .
                   I would sit and watch and wonder would my life be like those movies . Because these movies did not rely on special effects but the skills of the actor all involved to make it seem real to that teenage boy back then . I would dream about these story's and locations ;imagine I was in the story .
                  Well through my adult life I did travel to some wonderful locations ;did do some amazing things but nothing near what I would consider come close to some of what saw in those movies . I can say this I really have no complaints about the way my life is .
                  Although the boy in me still wants to be standing at street corner after dark ; wearing a trench and fedora flipping the collar up and turning away walking of into the fog of the night as the camera pans away .
                 I still watch these old movies to bring those feelings back . Shoot I am even considering adding a fedora and trench coat to my wardrobe . Maybe one night I will do just that walk away in the fog turning up my collar as a disappear . See you at the movies .

No comments: