Friday, September 14, 2012

A GOOD DAY

                   About 15 years ago I was working at a seafood restaurant . I was working 6 to 7 days a week , and some long hours too. I enjoyed the challenges that the job provided.
                While working there I fillet about 200 pounds of fish a day ;assisted the line cooks with getting lunch out among the many other duty's I had .
                Well this one day , which started out like any other average day . Went in early that mourning , began my day by figuring out how much prep needed that day . Proceeded to fillet my fish for the day . The shape and weights of my fillet's could not have any closer to standards that day . Got finished in good time .
              I then helped others with their work as well . We all were having a good time ,cutting up and laughing .We got the kitchen opened up for business for that day .
Went on the line helping getting the food ready and meals put together . We got the orders out in a timely manner . You all know that working in a kitchen during a busy period can pretty much a pressure cooker ,and tempers can flare . On this particular day we didn't have any problems ,every one is getting along and having a good time .
                           Lunch was over we went in recovery mode , restocking the kitchen , cleaning up and so forth. Again there were no problems . We got everything , all done in good time .also all the while enjoying our selves . Well it was getting time for me go home so the manger told me to go ahead and clock out and get some rest . Laughing  as I picked up my time card I proceeded to clock out . As I lined up my card ever so carefully ; Damn the alarm goes off , it was time to get up and go to work .What the heck !!!! You know I was not in a good mood .Here I was having to go in to do all over again . I guess I should have known , it all was to good to be true .
                        So I say if you have one of those days where everything is going great , by all means pinch yourself . You do not want to find this was all a dream . In any case you all have a good day and definitely enjoy yourself .

No comments: