Monday, September 17, 2012

BIRTHDAYS

                          Well birthdays when you get older just seem to come and go , and they get here faster each year . I have an idea maybe I will not celebrate my birthday but the 28th anniversary of my 28th birthday . Does kind of sound better than 56th birthday .
                          See I figure if I do that maybe time will slow down a little . Because right now the year just fly's by .
                        When I turned Fifty I had gotten angry over something , heck I don't even remember what it was . Well to get to the point , my girl friend told me ,is that any way for fifty year old supposed to act . I responded I don't know , they didn't give a mannual it just happened . Six years later I am still waiting for it.
                      Shoot I am just winging it right now and hoping for the best . So far no one told me I am doing it wrong . I guess that's the way its supposed to be ; on the job training . Only its more like baptismal by fire ; there is no one really there to guide you . I can't be doing that bad I am still a contributing member of the human race .
                    I got an idea if you do not grow by the time your fifty you don't need to . Go on have fun . there needs to be a way to slow things down a bit . Another thing your body just will not let it go . It just keeps reminding you your not as young as you used to be . Takes longer to heel from those saturday afternoon football games with the kids in the neighborhood . Ouch it just hurts all over for days . You just don't move as fast as you use to .
                    I will have to be happy with watching the games from the side lines . So here's to birthdays , they will coming for you, ready or not .

No comments: