Monday, September 24, 2012

THAT DAY IS HERE

                      Yes; that day is here when this little guy turns 56 . In this picture here he is with that smile that makes people wonder what he is up to . His future held so much promise back then . That little man is me , I still have that smile , and still wait to see what I have become when I grow up .
                   I read some where that it takes seven years for the body to completely replace every cell . So that means I am entering the eighth incarnation of myself . Man ; its a good thing I am not a cat .
                Its funny how life turns out . All the things you dreamed about as you grew up , most of which never happens . As you grow older you realize you should have work harder at some things And others you should have left alone . I am not complaining though .
              I have got to go  to some wonderful places . I remember a spring day in West Germany so many years ago , I cruised down along side the Rhine river on both sides . I was in my 77 Toyota land cruiser with the top and doors off ,the windshield folded down , just taking in all the scenery the Rhine had to offer that day . The castles , the ships in the river , the villages , the grape vines on the sides of the hill and the people . As we passed through the Loreley never heard the soft whisper of a woman  at the top those rocks as the legend goes . But that may be due to fact I didn't go there at twilight . None the less that was a beautiful day , the sights were something to view , I will always remember them . So many memories but I so many many more to make .
               I wonder what will be when I grow up .

No comments: