Tuesday, October 30, 2012

SOME LESSONS ARE LEARNED THE HARD WAY

                    Yes, when I joined the Air Force I was young but I thought I knew it all . Man I was in for an awaking . I made it through basic alright ;probably barely , The fact is I made with thew help and guidance of my drill instructor . During basic I disliked so much because he was always on our case . He would sit us down and lecture us on our responsibilities as adults in life . Now that I am very much older I know now I should have listened a little closer . But as they say hind sight is 20/20 ; but that is all gone now . I blogged earlier about my D.J.ing and some Friends of mine . I never mentioned the girl that was to become my first wife .
                   I met her on Sunday , a buddy of mine dragged me to the woman's barracks to watch some football games in one of the pods day room . This where I met her . Sonja . I pretty much just set at the end of the sofa ,staying to my self and watching the game .She by the end of the afternoon was kinda mad at me because I did not notice her . After the games were over all of went to the chow hall for some dinner .While there we all decided to go to the N.C.O. club for drinks . This is where  Sonja informed me she was upset at me for not giving her the time of day . This where we just started talking and ended up talking all night .Come to find out we were in the same unit . She had been watching for some time ,cause her shop was across the street from mine .Well we hung out together from then on , I even introduced her to the gang I had been hanging out with when I disc jockeyed on most nights . As time we come to the conclusion we should get married . One day the first Sargent had told her that I wasn't going to marry her . Well I did any way . Shortly afterward we got orders to go to Germany . After a year or so there was some strain on our marriage and she wanted to ended it .
                  Now that am much older I do not blame her for our troubles , I now realize that a lot of it rested on my shoulders . Another reason is we got married for all the wrong reasons and we were definitely to young . The happiness that we had together was all an illusion ,we were just kids playing house . Doing the things we thought would make each other happy . She let get my toys , a four wheel drive which we both enjoyed going mudding and hill climbing . Then there was the sound system that I had put together .All the albums that we bought . We just were enjoying our selves not  realizing there was something missing . But it all came to an end . I often wonder where she ended up and how she is doing . But I know the odds of that happening are slim to none . It would nice to able to tell her I hold no ill feelings toward her . In fact I remember her fondly and only wish that she has lived the best life possible .

No comments: