Thursday, October 11, 2012

GOOD ENOUGH FOR GOVERNMENT WORK

                        While at work have you heard some one say "Good enough for government work " . Well I have for years ; heck I may have said that often myself .Well last night while I was at work I gave it a little thought . That statement implies less than perfect but enough to get by . If I am wrong in assuming this please some one let me know .
                      Now to my point ; Okay if that's case do we really want government to get larger . More regulations ; more bureaucracy ; more levels of red tape . Do we want to add more employees doing less than what is expected . If the government were a business it would be bleeding red ink on the accounts . Oh wait it is .
                This attitude is probably a big part of the problem .Numbers of people wasting time and money doing the same thing over and over and making the same mistakes all the time .These are the people handling our taxes . You see it all the time along our nations roads . One in the ditch doing the work there or four leaning on shovels watching . I know at one time I was the the guy in the ditch . Now think for a moment with government taking over our health care will we run in to this mentality there too. do you want this handling your health care let alone your child's . With our ever expanding government where else would this going on .
                 That's why the private sector probably do better at many of the functions of government . So why are we in a hurry to let the government take over so many parts of our lives . Do you really want to spend most of your time in a government office at a counter staring at some one acting like they are doing you a favour . Think about it .

No comments: