Saturday, October 13, 2012

MY UNDERSTANDING

                     Yesterday I talked about my understanding of spirituality which may not be much at all ,because I not that all that much in to it . The one thing that made more since than any thing is the Four Noble Truths .
         First of which the existence of suffering . We all experience some kind of suffering in our lives .If we didn't we would be lying . We suffer in some kind of way every day .
        Second truth is the cause or suffering . We all will recognize what causes our suffering . How could you not know what the cause of your suffering is . For every action there an equal or greater reaction .
         Third truth is the end of suffering . All suffering will come to and in one way or other .  Through understanding this we can find the way to end our suffering . Through enlightenment will bring us an understanding these truths .
         The fourth truth is the eight fold path . It is the way we must travel in this life to bring about an end to suffering . It is not an easy path . I know that I may not have solidly on the path but I do not think I strayed to far of the path.
It is The right understanding ; Right thought ; Right speech ;Right action ; Right livelihood :Right effort ; Right mindfulness ; Right concentration .
           As you can see this is a difficult way to follow . But it all some how makes perfectly good sense to me  . I always some how keep coming back to this in some way . I always at some point pick up a book to remind my self of this over the last 36 years of my life . It seems to be as often as I refresh my mind to the bible . Again I say I am not that much of a spiritual person , but do have some understanding of it . I just do not do the blind faith thing . I will not believe just because I am told to do so to save my soul . I think you have to feel it . Right now don' t feel it , but I now some thing exists that lent hand in aligning all the stars and life in this universe . We are no cosmic accident .

No comments: