Wednesday, October 17, 2012

MY FIRST DATING DISAPPOINTMENT

                         Yes : I was in my second year of high school . Back then I was shy and lacked some confidence . I really did not not know how to approach girls also through high school I really did not fit in with any group . I was very awkward . Shoot I was on the football team and that was it . I was the star tight end  ; tackle and guard . I sat at the end of the bench ,guarded the water bucket and tackled any one who got near it . In other wards I did not get much play time .
                       I could walk the hallways between classes and not get much notice by anyone . Yes I was an active teenager ; Boy Scouts ; Order of the Arrow ; 4-H ; and church . My grades were not all that great ; they could of been better if I had out some effort in to it . I was just a average kid in school whom thought the world was against him .
                   Through out my life to that point was spent moving around with my father because he was in the Navy . So any opportunity at having a life time friend was not there . Close friends were nonexistent .
                  Well to get on with it . There was this girl that I felt I had a crush on . I made a mistake one day in telling my sister . Boy that was a mistake . After our home football games we always held a dance  in the gym . We would get these area rock bands to play them . I would often go to them with out a date . I would do what most guys did then . Crowd the stage get into the music and try to look what we thought was cool .
               My sister one mourning encouraged me to ask this girl to one of these dances . She assured me the girl would say yes . Well it it took me a while to get up the nerve for I had never asked  girl out before . The day had come ; I had ran into in the hall in between classes . The do or die moment came . I asked her .
              Well the moment she answered my heart dropped ; I not get the answer I was looking for . Instead I got  NO . I then asked why . The next answer I got got me angrier . The reason was that she did not know how to dance .
             Now look I am not the most graceful person , I did not even know how to dance . Remember I was just a teenager . This is how I responded . ' You mean you can't go to the dance because you can't dance . Hell it took me a while to even get the courage to ask you and I can't dance . What kond of excuse is that " Then I walked away with this girl s tears .Thinking about it now it was not my best moment . Later on that day I caught hell from my sister . My mom heard the noise and found out what was up . Chewed me out for my response then turned around and told my sister to stop meddling . There have it my first dating disaster was not even a date  . Over the years I had many other let downs but I would like to think I handled them better . We learn as we go I guess its on the job training .

No comments: