Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Some coffee ,a bike ride , hot dogs and thoughts

             Yep , today is better day for me . Off work the sun is out , had a nice mourning bike ride and now in town at a coffee shop . I have had few good days at work to , What really nice my home town is really quite , I am sitting at tables outside , sipping on my coffee and enjoying a muffin . From where I sitting I can see everything going on downtown . Its funny when I was in Charlotte NC , I always said I was going uptown . Really don't see to much happening here . A little bit of traffic , few people going to and fro about their business . May maybe you might see a few people stopping and chatting .
                I sitting in a cool spot at these bistro table outside the coffee shop . I am really the only one at the shop other than the people who work here . Since I moved back to the town I finished high school at . I really have not run into to many people who remember me . Although Sunday at church this old guy remembered I built the sign out front around 38 years ago . That kinda helped feel a little proud , some one remembered something I did . Shoot , here I am calling someone an old guy , I am pretty much one my self . Although I do still try to do things as if I am not , my body  reminds of that I am not at times . 
             When riding in I took one of the side roads that took me into town the back way . It was mostly dirt roads all the way . Didn't see to many people ,other than a tractor mowing the edges of the road and maybe a truck or two . It was all corn , soy fields and woods all the way . The side road in town had lots of old houses on them . There was a rather large farming operation on the way in also . Lots large barns, silo's , and some heavy duty farm equipment . Having graduated high school here it should seem normal to me , but remember I left some thirty-five years ago . 
                  Motorcycle's are a big thing here , you a lot big Harleys all around . And because all the rivers and lakes , you see a lot of kayaks and bass boats . What am I thinking , this is the Great Lakes State . 
                  The one thing I am a little apprehensive about is winter ,it is not far away . Yes know its got little to go till it gets here . The leaves on the trees are still green , they have not even started to change . That would be wonderful to see . I have been to far south for to long I guess .
                  Well I am adding to this post , its the end of the ride for me today . Rode  total of twenty seven miles today . Ten miles into town for some coffee and shopping . Took my time for that . Then of all things I rode about eight and half miles just to get two hot dogs and coke . It was at Station 66 on Mich Route 66 , and they were not any hotdogs . They were what they called Battle Creek dogs . They had smoked bacon , yes I said it bacon , grilled onions and cheese sauce , mmmm . The ride most relaxing and it was such a nice day for a ride . There is something to be said about what a bike ride in the county can do for your spirit .  There was great looking landscape and nice blue sky with some puffs of clouds in the sky . It didn't hurt that at the places I stopped at there were some nice looking ladies too . Saw a lot of tractors and trucks a long the ride . Oh yes , the motorcycles were out in force . This is a far cry from the city where I came from . Since I came back here to Michigan I have been more relaxed and calmer .It been a good change , still have a long way to go get where I was before . It will come in time .







No comments: