Monday, September 21, 2015

Just riding my bike

                      Well , yesterday mourning I went for a bike ride to a neighboring town , I took nothing but back roads the whole trip . In fact it was mostly dirt roads through a lot of farm land . It was very peaceful ride .I can tell you I was in no hurry to get there . It was OK , I'll turn here and see where this takes me . At the same time I proved to myself ,that you can not be lost around here . All the roads going east and west are named with the alphabet , all north and south are numerically named like 1 mile , 2 mile and so on .
                       Back to the ride , like I said I was in no hurry to get any where . I doubt I had the bike any higher than fifth gear , for the most part it was third and fourth all the way . It was going at a slow pace . I took in all the fields of crops , the woods that I rode through , the many streams I past over . Saw lots of farm houses ,many barns , silos and many different kinds of farm equipment along the way .  For the most part I was alone in my thoughts . The funny thing is I don't remember any of them except that I wanted to go to a buffet when I got back . What wonderful way to clear your head and be at peace with your self . And yes , we went to a buffet later in the day  . A wonderful way to top of a day is with a good big meal and afterward try to watch some football . When say try to watch , I mean it watched me more than watched it .
                            And so I retired early to the trailer and went to sleep . It was pretty much a clear night out . You saw a lot of stars and a few clouds in the sky .It did get a little chilly though , but that made for some good Sleeping . The chilly air did make it hard to get out from the covers . But I am glad I did because there is a beautiful blue sky with lots white puffy clouds this mourning . Had my pancakes and coffee at the picnic table under them . I think week I will go for a long bike ride in honer of my 59th birthday . Maybe try for a fifty nine mile ride or as close to it as I can get . We will see all depends on what my work schedule looks like . When do that ride I will try to write a blog about as much of the ride I can .

No comments: