Sunday, December 2, 2012

MY THOUGHT FOR TODAY

          " THE VAST POSSIBILITIES OF OUR GREAT FUTURE WILL BECOME REALITIES ONLY IF WE MAKE OURSELVES RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT FUTURE ">>>>>> GIFFORD PINCHOT 


        Man ; only if only i came across this quote earlier in my life But then would I have listened . You know how we where when we were young . We new everything and no one could tell us anything and we thought we are young there is plenty of time for that later . Yea right ; before you know it life hits us in the face . Time slips away fast and boom all of a sudden we marry , children arrive , we all of sudden have responsibilities . For some of us ; me in particular we realize we should of been preparing instead of all that partying . I heard one person recently something to the effect as an excuse " I'm young " . I don't know how many times I thought that myself . 
         But you know there is always time to heed that advice , because after today you still have the rest of your life to take on that responsibility of your future , no matter what your age . The trick is do we have tenacity and the will power to make it happen . If we do the first task is to imagine what kind of future we want for ourselves and make the first step toward that future . Then each make some kind of step no matter how small towards the progress of that future we imagined for our selves . 
         For me the trick is just being able just take my own advise to heart . Lord knows I am the biggest procrastinator , and I am good at coming up with excuses for not doing it . I realize that I can no longer can accept the excuses from myself . I have to to learn to come up with the energy and strength and faith in myself to make that step toward that uncertainty . Your can not achieve success without failing first . We will always have our failures along the way to what we want . 
         One other thing we have have to take the time to imagine what that future for us will be . We can't take that first step with knowing where we are going . We can not wonder aimlessly toward a future . Its not accidentally hit us in the face . Most of are not that lucky . I know I not ; If it were not for bad luck I would not have any luck at all . "  Shoot I been plying the lottery for over twenty years and have yet win anything .  We can not it and wait for the lottery ; the odds are against us on that . 
          We to get out and do it our selves those are the odds that we can control by our actions . I tell today I am going to make that first step some how into that future , what ever that is . We definitely can not wait for our governments do it for us . They can't even agree amongst themselves to solve the problems our countries face right now let alone their futures .Shoot they don't listen to the people they represent . So in that final thought it all , i mean all the responsibility completely rest on our shoulders . The question is now what are we gonna do do with that responsibility !
         

No comments: