Sunday, December 2, 2012

MY TEN GUILTY PLEASURES

      Yes; admit it we all have those guilty pleasures that bring us such joy . They could be some thing simple or even something extravagant . Yet they are ours to enjoy and with some of them I get down right possessive over them to the point I will not share them with anyone . Some of them they are mine alone period .
* Playing air guitar while listening to my music . I don't know what happens but when the music gets to jamming real good some thing possesses me and I have stop right and grab a broom stick and wale .
* Chocolate snacks ; me thinks I am not the only one here with this aliment right .Come on every one be honest this has got to be one of yours too.
*Coffee . Some thing about a good cup of coffee in the mourning on a bright sunny ,chilly mourning while standing out on the step on a Sunday mourning before the rest of the world gets moving . It just plain relaxing . Nothing more can be said .
*Here's an odd one . A grilled ham and cheese sandwich with a cup of tomato soup . Nothing says mommas love more than that. Back home when I was a youth Mom would would have that waiting on us when we came in from shoveling snow off the drive way . It was so welcome and still is .
* A long soak in a hot tub when borrowing the lady's bath beads . I think I said enough on this .If she reads this I may be in trouble But it is so refreshing .
*A good movie no matter how many times I have seen it . I am that way with Humphrey Bogart movies. I can watch CASABLANCA , AFRICAN QUEEN . OR JOHN WAYNE'S  THE QUIET MAN .  There's something about movies that bring me back to a simpler time in life .
* Sitting down to a burger a some fast food joint or some where . By far I have found the burger and fries and some small lounge with an ice cold draft beer is the ultimate burger in my eyes . It can be just plain sinful if its made to perfection .
* Plane's ,Trains , and Car's . No matter how grown we are then little boy always come right out of me when I see one of these , The bigger the better . Oh yea , we better add trucks and earth movers and construction equipment .I can stand there and watch them do their work all day .
* This might sound odd but I do get some pleasure out of good hard nights work . Some thing about being elbow deep in some hard work just feels so good ,especially when its done . The since of accomplishment just feels so good . What about you .
* Now to the last one , now I must tell you I did not put these in order of their importance . This one is what I am doing right now ;this blog . I started this a few months ago . What surprises me is how I kept it up and how much my writing skills have improved over time , I know I am not there yet and have much to learn . Another thing surprises me is that i do really have some thing to say .  The pleasure also comes from some one is actual reading this.
                   There they are in a nut shell . By all means this is not a total list and many of these may not be in my top ten . These just the ones that come to mind at this moment .I am sure if I put more time in this I could come up with a bigger list .So how many of these fit in to your list or is your completely different . Have fun with your guilty pleasures , I know I will enjoy mine .

No comments: