Tuesday, December 11, 2012

DRAWING A BLANK

          How often do you just sit there in your living room , riding a bus or just walk through a door way that you mind just goes completely blank . You know some thing was on your mind or you were about to do something , and you forget what it was . I done this many times my self . I would be working ,and just be rolling right along and you go through a door and wham , what did come here for .
               Other occasions that it may happen , you may be working on some thing important for your self and you need to come with idea's for some thing and you are just dumb founded . You just have nothing . When some times sit down to try to put a plan together , i just can't come up with any thing  .        
                At work I do a lot of walking at times I swear I become a zombie and just into automatic . Just go around and let instincts take over . My work still manages to get on schedule . With any thought at all . When I want to do some serious work I really have make a effort to focus on the project at hand . Like right now I am consciously thinking about this , yes though there is a little distraction from my music in the back ground .
                 The main reason I am writing about this right now is the other day I wrote about goals . I started to try to come up with some my self and when I really got down to it my mind just left me . A gone fishing sign was in the window . I guess the main thing is that when it come doing the responsible thing like this , its always so hard . I can imagine the life style I want but I just do have any idea how to get there . Its hard to sit down and make a self assessment of my skills and talents . It's also hard to come up with a realistic idea of what i can do to get there . Is there some thing wrong with me or does every one go through this . I know I need not come up with some lofty plan ,that is no conceivable way that I could do it . I know I have to find away with my limitations and know what it would take to expand my abilities . I know the first step must be one that can done with ease . Then from that point I should build on it . The question still remains what road do I take to find the crossroad . I realize the journey will not be easy .
                 So the question is how do I just fill my head up with ideas and all the junk that it takes to come up with a well thought up plan . The only thing I can come up with right now is get involved with some classes that will force my mind to work harder than it has been .  Yes ; I do know the brain is a muscle that needs exercise ,which I know I am guilty of not providing it with . This will soon change in the coming months . Man just can not go through a mindless  existence . When you do so you just go no where and maybe take steps backwards . You look at successful people you will notice one thing , they always got some thing going on ,always trying move forward toward some thing .That the state of mind I must put myself in .
               In closing I believe I am on the right track . Identifying the problem is a good step ,also coming up with a way to solve it is going in the right direction .So here's to filling up my head , but don't leave room for an occasional day dream . But not to much .

No comments: