Tuesday, December 4, 2012

AMERICAN DREAM REVISTED

              Since yesterday afternoon I wondered what  I could find to write about today . I then remembered this object I would see every mourning on my way home from work on the bus . It sits in  a vacant lot where an office building once stood . A vacant office building to on side and another that is in use. There is a small church at the corner down the street that has a service that caters to the deaf if I am not mistaken .Nearby an apartment building and bed an breakfast . The silence of this lot is only disturbed by a occasional siren from the ambulances going to the hospital near by . This lot sits on a very busy road , that has a lot of traffic and there a bus stop across the street from where this object is located .
            So today I ventured over to see what I had been seeing sitting there . Much to my surprise the object had a message . If I remember correctly it had been sitting there for years .I only now had the gumption to venture over to look at it . when I saw it I just had to take a picture of it with the camera on my phone . I was delighted ;I have just found what I would write about today .
                           This brings me to the question why is this sitting there on this lot on a busy street ? What was going on in this persons life then when it was painted ? Is it giving out a message today that many would think as true today as it was the day it was placed there ?/ Mind you this has been on this lot for many years , just barely out of sight of passers by . Hundreds of people pass by here every day with giving it any notice or thought .
                            So is this toilet trying to send out a message to those that whom happen to take notice or was sitting there for some one like me to by chance walk over to look at it . Then take picture of it and write about then post it . Here's where I leave you for its not for me to tell you its purpose for being there . It's completely for every to come up with their own conclusion .
            NEW : 12/17/2012               In just the couple of weeks since I wrote this and published it for the first time I have noticed that this display has been disturbed and the east has been ripped off it . I can't help but think because I noticed it and wrote about it some body else took notice of it . How long has it sat there without calling attention to it self . I guess somebody did not like the message it was giving . Well that's the way it is now a days . Some of us just accept the message for what is and others feel they have to go out and destroy it because it does not agree with theirs . Yes ; there are people out there whom think differing opinions are a threat and have get violent to destroy those that differ from theirs . This object was not bothering any one it was just sitting there with no one taking notice . I guess it's my fault because I did and wrote about it . The state of politics in our country these days . They feel yes you can have an opinion  as long as it agrees with mine .If you don't your stupid and I will destroy it . That's the way it seems these days . Its a pure shame .

No comments: