Monday, November 12, 2012

THE RIDE

                   This mourning's bus ride was just like any other ; but for it being a cloudy day .There were traces of the rain that fell some time in the early mourning hours ; on the parking lot as I walk towards the stop where I will catch the bus . When I got on my first bus it was pretty much empty .
                   As we rode towards uptown you could hear the required landmark announcements as we passed the key points on the route .Traffic was kind of light for it being veterans day today .
                 The uptown skyline you see was highlighted by the blue-grey cloud cover as we rode towards them .Further proof that it being a holiday could be seen as we passed the government buildings . All you saw was a few pedestrians and some sheriffs walking through the campus area .
                  When we got to the transit building it was not a usual work day traffic . As I walked through the pigeons that are always there . They were going through their usual routine undisturbed by the people or the bus's passing through .
                  The little store did not have a crowd in it ,like there would be on a regular work day . I was in and out quickly  as I made my purchase of lottery tickets for the week . Shoot you can't win it unless your in it . Besides that I only buy one per drawing .
                  As I walked up to the bay where I would catch my next bus ; as luck would have it it pulled up .This bus is the airport bus and again there were not many riders .One rider of note though , you could tell he was in town for the Panthers vs Bronco's game . Which we lost , damn . He was wearing a Broncos jersey proudly , I can't really blame him . Had we won he would definitely getting a ribbing on his ride to the airport . He was also carrying some shoulder pads with the Broncos style horse's mounted on them . The name on the back was The Bronconater . There were also a few other passengers on their Way to the airport along with the daily bunch that rides in the mourning .
                     Looking out the window you could tell the banks were closed because there was not the hustle and bustle you would normally find . I really did not see anything of note on that ride to my final stop for the mourning .
                   It was a pleasant walk to my way to my room . The air felt cool and comfy . That was my my trip home this mourning . I do often look around and Hundreds of people off and about their own routines . Each having their own story that differs from my own . The world is a wonder all you have to do is look around you and you my see something you may have missed .Take the time you may be even surprised at what may find .

No comments: