Wednesday, July 29, 2015

First day of work in

              It been a while since I worked as a line cook , have work hard at getting my chops back . Work the hospital like I did or even doing hay don't, even come close to working as a line cook . Half the battle is in the prep and knowing where everything is at .Well  that's not all of a good understanding of the menu . You also have to get along with the wait staff and the others in the kitchen .
                  Give me a couple of weeks and I hopefully will be on top of things in that kitchen . I am looking for a job that I can call home . I always tried to work a places long enough that it can be called mine .
                  Take the hospital for instance , I was there almost ten years , I developed the third shift position I held . But also you tend to work harder when your name is on the building , so to speak . Well when I worked construction when first got to Charlotte I hung the marble on the tower when it was built . On the back of one of the stones on the overhang ; I carved my name in it . So I felt responsible and ownership over what needed to be done .
                 Then when I was at the hotel , we were there so many hours that the people I worked felt like family . The guests were welcomed to our home . We worked hard together to see that their needs were met . Some weeks we were there at least one hundred hours a week . So we got to know each other very well . I hated that that job ended because it closed , because he sold it .
                To tell the truth I hated the fact that I left Charlotte NC altogether .When you live some where Twenty - five years , you kind of put roots down . You have friends and people you met or worked with all over town . You kind of get to know the city .You become a fan of the football team , you even like the basketball team . Heck you even think about going to a baseball game when you think its a boring game . I even went to see a play at the theatre . Oh let's not forget the art gallery crawls I went on . All this was brought down because the woman I loved got got involved in things I could not live with .
                   So I find myself having to build my life all over again . I can't think of any where better than here where I have family . The y have been a good support system . I going to be hard for to depend on there help when for the last 38 years all I had was me to depend on . On top of that I have to work my out of hole .I am starting over with nothing but my clothes . By all rights I should be in a better position in my life . But you know I will come out of this better and stronger than before .

No comments: