Sunday, July 14, 2013

SOME THOUGHTS ON A RAINY DAY

            As I sit here looking my window ,writing this post on this rainy outcast day . I am listening to my music ,with the lights dim enjoying this cool air brought on by the weather we are having here in the Carolina's . I have really have no idea of what topic I am going to write about , at first thought I was looking at my vinyl collection of music that is at least thirty years old . Now that I think of it it is a reflection of my years of young adulthood .
           If  you were to go through them ,you would see concert tickets glued to the covers of some them .There would be news paper articles slide into some , magazines slide into some . In my collection you will find various forms of rock , jazz , blues ,disco, soul, funk ,and classical music .My tastes are wide and varied . What I listen to depend on my mood . To get of the subject I just noticed the rain is coming down pretty heavy now . We have had so much rain here lately I think it has rained every day for the past month . The ground is saturated . We have been having some flooding problems and trouble with tree falling because the ground is so wet . I have only used the pool once since it opened too .
           There I go off in a tangent again . I have been enjoying this rest I have been getting . Watching movies , listening to music ,naps  and some reading . Tomorrow looks like its going to b.e a nice day , maybe a chance to go out and take more pictures . Of what I do not know , I guess it will be what ever catches my eye .
            Back to my music collection , there was a time I would walk into the store and by at least a hundred dollars worth . That was a lot of money in the early eighties , but that did not matter to me I was in the service . I was living in the barracks ,ate at the chow hall . Lets just say I ate good there . I was in the Air Force . I went a lot of music festivals , and quite few beer and wine fests through West Germany at the time . They always had a tent with a stage ,where had bands play every thing from Polka to Rock . There was even country ,that was good for drinking beer .
             Before going to Germany , I was in California , while stationed there I DJed the on base clubs in 78 and 79 At Castle . It sort of broke me out of my shell . Man I partied my butt off . We played Rock and Disco .That was two wild years . We were even trying out our Disco moves when we were out at the lake near by .
             Back home in Michigan I would walk through the corn fields listening to my eight track player ,with my dog Marmaduke keeping me company . Oh don't forget when I finally got my first car ,a 76 Ford Maverick . I would cruise the dirt roads playing the radio as load as could with out the speakers cracking . Or the late nights listening to the underground FM college radio stations and listen to the rock that was not on the play lists of the Am stations.
           Oh yes , least I not forget the Sunday afternoons My Dad would break out his old 78 collection . We would listen his Big Band music . There would some Frank Sinatra ,Dean Martin and some country thrown in for good measure . He would sit there in his mothers rocking chair , puffing on his pipe .
          Music and a rainy day go good together . They also bring so many different memories to mind while sitting there . Not mention that this day also falls on a Sunday . The rain , the musics ,and the thoughts of memories , how perfect .

No comments: