Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I DON’T GET IT !

                     I one day at work , over heard one of my team mates say this . I thought to my self this would make a good title and topic for a post . That statement alone is a very deep subject to cover , mainly because it can cover many area’s . There are many things that just do not get . To many of you all , you will think it is obvious . What is not to get .
                      All the years through growing up I just could not get the idea of religion . To me going to church was something we had to do on Sunday .Mainly , because Mom said we had to go . I just could not get the idea of going there on my day of from school .The one thing I did get out of it though is I did not like being late . We would have to sneak in the back door all the time . Every would stare at us as we would slide in . The one thing I did look forward to was the coffee and doughnuts ,that was waiting in the basement after the service .Yes , I did Sunday school classes , but to no avail . I really did not get much out of it . It being a Catholic church it was mostly memorising questions answers . I did not get much out of that , how could I . I wanted reasons for the answers . All I got was that you do not question the church .
                  As I got older I came to realize most of the major religions in the world originated for the same part of the world . Most of the people in the old testament were also part of there teachings . The one thing that really gets me is , how do you put so much theory into a simple story or statement . In some cases I see people just adding something that just isn’t there . Another thing to the  statement of ,Put it in the lords hands . To me your saying that your waiting for some one else to to take care of things , your relinquishing ownership and control your responsibilities . when you should be taking personal ownership of the problem yourself .
               Your waiting for for the change , change does not happen unless the change comes from within . In the past few years I have noticed one thing . everyone is waiting for things to get better . Its seems that our government is expected to make that change . Change can not be legislated , how can you expect a government come up with a solution when it is wrought with problems ,that it is not working for the people anymore . I guess this where some of the population get that the government is to provide for us . No the government is not responsible for us , but it is to be responsible to us . For without us there would be no government . But as in the church , the government  some men think it all is there to control us .
              Back to the I don’t get it ! idea . The main reason I don,t get it is . I just do not see this blind faith . This is the way it is because god said so . We got to remember , the books were written by man ,just as over government is ran by man . So how can we put so much into faith ,when it is written ,interpreted , taught and preached by man . So how am expected to put faith in the church , when there is not really all that much faith in our governments .
              Don’t get me wrong , I don’t think all this is a cosmic accident . There is some thing out there that caused all this in the universe to happen . The awareness of our existence , did not just  happen . Some how the seeds of all this had to be planted . I just don’t get the explanation's that are being offered by our religions or even science . It is all theory , no matter which you follow it requires some kind of faith . That is my dilemma , so how do I separate what is truth , legend , lies or something that is used to control the population  . Yes there are some things I do believe are real . mainly I myself have seen them . Like ghosts , I had lived in house that had them . Back in the seventies I seen UFO's , and I heard this odd scream coming from the woods around our home in my youth , that we believed to be big foot . I could prove that it so but they shown me , myself that they are so . There I go again let my thoughts wonder again . But that's what this blog is just my thoughts .
             I guess there is no way I will know for sure . I have been looking for some kind of answer for year’s . Through the year’s explanations have been offered , none have made the the case . I even done the bible study thing . I got good at reading into it the theology , but none of it really took hold . Yes , I learned to live my life through the accepted boundaries of our society . I must say though what is accepted today ,was not accepted centuries ago . Shoot there was a time all thought the world was flat and if you went far enough you would fall off .Heck they even thought they we were the center of the universe . Are you getting my drift , these are the same people whom started all the worlds believes .
              So end this with offering no explanation or answers ,because I don’t get it ,and don’t know either . I know one thing for sure ,there will some people will offer explanations . They will try to lecture me on why it is so . Yes I will listen ,and read them .I just want you all to know ,I think there is a higher element , force or whatever it is . It just has not made it known to me . I will accept all answers and will not condemn any ones believes .So fell free to offer them as long as they are respectful of others thoughts . We have no way of knowing who is right . What maybe right for one , may not for others .So be respectful .

No comments: