Sunday, August 9, 2015

Who needs sleep

               Here it is 2:00 in the am and I can't sleep . I don't know why because yesterday I put in a long day . It started at nine in the mourning ; I help my brother put almost 500 bales of hay in the barn and still went and worked my regular job . You something that long day felt good . I feel like I done something worthwhile . I know  my body is sore all over right now ,and I should be tired but instead I am sitting here at this picnic table in the dark writing this blog entry .
                It is so dark out here I barely see fifty feet in front of me with out a light . I can here the sounds of frogs and crickets out there some where and the meow off the occasional cat here on the farm . There is a little chill in the air , enough so that I put on a wool cap and light jacket . It sure feels good out in the country . Hard work , good food , and family getting together to get the job done .
                 To tell the truth I do not miss the city that much at all . I am not feeling as though I have to keep my guard up all the time any more .
                 Last night while I was working I did get chance to see some friendly faces of people whom I went school with while at work . I did not recognize many mainly because its been 40 years since I have seen many of them . But hope to have a chance to see more of them now that am back home .
                    I am fortunate to have this chance to start my life new , leaving behind much of what has made life hard these past few years . I feel I can make my life work this time . I have only couple plans on the block at this time . I am just going to keep it simple for now . I going to what needs to be done to make toward progress , with hard work , and sticking to the plan .

No comments: