Friday, August 7, 2015

Sumptin will happen


           Here it is three week since I have arrived in Michigan , the place call home . The reason I say that is that I am a military brat , we lived in several places while I was growing up . This is where I went High School , this where I gained my work ethic by working neighboring farms and most of all this where my Dad came to retire . Which also was his boyhood home . Every has a place to which they anchor their lives too , where there roots and family history is . A place too which brings them comfort .
                 I have able to rest and get much needed sleep in between work and all the hay I have been putting up . One thing I did have to get used is how quiet it is at night . Gone are the jets taking of all day and night ; the train rolling in at all hours and certainly the sirens from the Police ,fire trucks and ambulances . I have the neighbors arguing and parting at all hours . Yes it peaceful , you may hear the dogs in the area barking or gun shot every so often , but that is normal for the country .
                I do miss the transportation system of the city but you have to make some trade offs , don't you . I will make things work here , so things are sort of following my plan . It will be better when I finally get in my own place and not be in the way of my brothers lives . When can finally get on with my life . Right the important things come first food , shelter and transportation ; the rest will fill itself in . But I can say life will eventually get better . I have remain positive and make it work for . I have to be realistic though I can't expect it to as good as want it to be . Shoot I am almost 60 , so don't have much time to make the rest of my life as good as I need it to be . I may not ever be able to retire , but that is price I must pay for the choices I have made . Something will happen .

No comments: