Friday, April 1, 2016

April Fools Day try at fishing .

       Well , today is April first , April Fools day . So I was the only fool out there trying his luck fishing . It was breezy and 39 degrees out , I froze my butt off . To boot the was some strong storms last night , I don't know if that had anything to do with my luck .
    At first I tried to use the rod and reel I got sale at Walmart , I could not get it pay out any line . So went to a rod and reel I got from my baby brothers mother in law . She had a bunch rod and reels just collecting dust in the sheds on their farm . It was a five foot Zebco Continental with a Daiwa Rs1600 reel . Amazingly enough it still worked with little or no effort . I had went out at 6:30 am to the closed bridge by Union Lake to give it a try .I did have something tug on my line but I guess I reeled it in to fast and it it let go . If anything I got to see the sun come up and there was about a dozen geese out in the wetlands area near the lake . Could hear the birds chirping as the day got started . I guess that's all part of the experience . It's just the idea of getting out there and doing something . Living life .
                If finally finished the cutting board I intend on using to fillet the fish I catch ,if i get so lucky .Its just two piece's of half inch birch plywood glued together , with a wood burning I did on it and seasoned with some cutting oil . I am using a woodworking pinch clamp to hold the tail of the fish while I fillet the fish . Just something cheap , heck I spent less on this than the the fillet boards I saw in the stores .It looks nice and its heavy .I did this yesterday . Its been to wet and cold to work on the boat .They say we are supposed to get some snow this weekend . I sure hope not . I need some warm weather to work on it . I want it ready for the warm spring weather that should be coming soon .Shoot I need to get out there and turn it over ,so the water that collected in it before that bad weather they say gets here .
               All in all , its been a good couple of days . Tomorrow mourning , as I pass by the Kalamazoo River by Michigan 311 , Angler's Bend . I will stop and try my luck and see what happens . I will wear a warmer coat and better shoes , so my feet will not be cold . I think that was half my problem was today . Well I just heard on the radio the snow is supposed to come tonight and on in to Saturday . I guess now will see how I will feel in the mourning after work . If the snow is to bad I might not get out there ,but if I was to become hard core I should be out there anyway .

No comments: