Monday, April 11, 2016

Winter has broken , spring is sprung


      Well I have been neglecting my blog haven't I . Well it not entirely my fault though .With the crazy weather we have been having here in Michigan it been kind of hard to think of anything but I thought it was spring . The snow we got and could temperatures kept from working on the boat . It been kind of to cold to to be working on the boat . After a lot of checking online I found it may be cheaper to make my own oars . this is my progress in the last four days . They are a long way from being done . From the weather outlook for the next four or five days I may get some work done on the boat .
       I got an news letter from the Michigan DNR , I see there are some Fisheries workshops open to the public . I plan on going to the one in Grand Haven Mi. on Lake Michigan . Maybe I might learn something and possibly become more involved in some way . Time will tell , I will go with an open mind and the want to learn something .
         With every passing day my list of projects just keep growing , my brother showed me the trailer that he found the boat on . He said I could have it . The thing is in need of a lot of tender loving care . Meaning there is a lot of work that needs to be done on it ,to get it road ready . Some where between working on my projects , the workshop , work , classes , helping my brother on the farm where I can and sleep . I need to take the online boaters safety coarse .
        The biggest thing is I need to get around to dropping a line in the water , to catch that all important first fish of the season . I need to break the ice some how , right . The purpose of all my projects is to fish . One thing is for certain though since I started on this fishing thing , I haven't had a lack of things to do . It also has given me a topic to write about in my blog . So here's to working on the projects and a chance to post about the progress and dropping a line in the water . The next time I hope to have more to share .

No comments: