Friday, March 25, 2016

The Anticipation of the First Day of Fishing

         Not only have I been working on my boat , over the past two months I have collected some basic tackle to get me started . Here is a picture of what I have gathered . Plastic baits , bobbers , leaders , sinkers and a collection of hooks among other things . I also got two books on fishing .
          Yesterday I made an appointment to have a class three hitch installed my van . A receiver hitch so I will not bust my knees when loading the van ,when not in use . I also spent the afternoon watching how to videos on you tube . Yes there lots of videos on every aspect of fishing . So much so , that you have to wade through a bunch to find beginner videos . I signed up on the Field and stream web site to use to get information . Still waiting on Navigation lights for my boat . They should have been here by now . I did send off an email to them to find out what happened to them .
                    Next week is April First , the day to get my fishing license . I promise you I will go out that day to make my first attempt at fishing in over thirty years .I decided I am going to keep a log book on my fishing . Date , time, weather , What rigs I used , what fish if any I caught , size and anything else to help to learn what works .
Its been too wet to work on the boat . I will also be watching Craig's list For a boat trailer  and a used 5 horse power outboard in the coming weeks . I see this coming together .I am looking forward to making my first catch and so is my cat Chip whom will be sharing in the rewards . So am I making some progress in the right direction on my new hobby .

No comments: