Wednesday, March 23, 2016

D-Dawgs Tub

This the boat I am fixing up for fishing this summer 
   Yes , progress is being made , The outside hull painted and ready .Next is to clean up the inside and paint it . I am going to install a new transom also . With a little work she should be ready for some fishing this summer . This week I am having a trailer hitch installed and maybe get a trailer . If I do this I will take it down to the car wash and spray it down to get all the dirt out of it . Then I will be able to finish the paint job. Then all I will have to do is install the new transom , mount the trolling motor and register her . After I paint on the registration numbers ,I will be able to take out on her fist run on the lake . I think I will name her D-Dawgs Tub .
                  I have made some miner purchases of some fishing gear , rod and reel with some tackle that was on sale , a tool bag . cleaning gear , a 5 gal. bucket . Making my own cutting board to fillet the fish . I bought a a couple books on fishing I have been reading , to get a general idea of what I should be doing . My baby brothers mother in law said she may have some gear she would let me have . I am going to talk to her to see if she would show me how best rig my pole . It would be nice to have a couple of poles to work with out on the lake . I know the boat will not be ready for the first day of the new season on April First . I do have a few places spotted that I could fish from the shore line . At first I am going to keep it simple , and build on that .
                I think I will find a bait shop that I will regularly go to , so as I can try to get advise and learn from . What I really need to do is find someone to go fishing with to learn from .

No comments: