Monday, March 28, 2016

Some preseason thoughts about fishing

                          I have got to say fishing as a sport and hobby can be a bit overwhelming . For one there is the wealth of information out there on the sport , two there is the laws and regulations , there is the cost .I found myself looking at books on the subject , even searching the internet , there is so much out there to sort through and to absorb . Even on you tube there is all those how to video's to go through .
                         The first day of the 2016 season is on Friday .My Jon boat is not even close to being ready . I have so much to do to get it ready and at the same time I also need to be working on getting my own place to live . I can't be living on my brothers farm forever . I need my own space , and he needs his .I walk into a sports store or any store that has fishing tackle , wow there so much stuff . What of do I really need , the there is the stuff that you need for the boat just to be legally out on the water . I am now realizing the getting the boat ready may take a little more time . So I will have be satisfied with fishing from the shore line . I found out about a dozen or so spots that could go to . I will be writing about each one I try and each one of my missteps along the way .
                               I should find a fishing buddy to go along with , so I can pick up some pointers from them . My problem is I work a third shift , so there is not much of opportunity to meet people outside of work . So I will go out and check out this spots on my own and maybe meet some people along the way . I  fully intend on making this a full time hobby and learn as much as I can . Even if it is by trail and error .As time goes on ,as I blog more about my exploits , hopefully more people will read this blog and give me their thoughts and ideas . See on Friday or shortly there after when I write about my first mourning of fishing .

No comments: