Tuesday, January 8, 2013

THE FIRST POST OF 2013

                      Yes my first posting of the year .I have neglected my projects this past week for which I am sorry . I have disappointed myself and let myself down . For this I have only myself to answer too . How am I to improve if I do not work at it .  Yes ; I am wondering what life has in store for me next . I will never know if I do not reach for it .
                      I am looking to make improvements in myself , my blog and my life . This can not be done if not proactive in seeking results . I have some self improvement classes that I am taking later in the month , that will take up ten weeks or more . I think my problem is I need to get some control over productively using my time available . I also need to be on the look out for things to write about .
                   I need to remember the reason I started to write this blog . Its suppose to be a narrative of my thoughts about every day things in my life . Also I should remember where I got the idea for the title . Thoughts from the head . That room in our life that no one person can go with out using on a daily basis . Here lately when i am in there my mind has been a blank , In fact ,I think in the past few weeks I believe I have been on automatic pilot . I think there are a lot of people out there whom are doing the same thing . Just plain existing .
                 I have yet to do some serious work on the possibility of that great American novel idea I had . I may have causally ran some thoughts through my head and not putting any notes down on paper . Yes , I need to regain control . Six months ago I was full of energy and ideas and was ready to dive in head first . Well this year I have to make a difference in my life and do something with it .
               As sit here writing this , looking out the window at the cloudy sky and the chilly temperature's outside , I see can not be as gloomy as it looks outside . I must learn how to make to most out of every step I take . From this moment on I am going to make a promise to myself that I will make every effort to make every moment count for something . Be it for my blog , my education , my job , my relationship and life . Wow , that is a lot of ground to cover . This is going to take some concentration , and be aware of where I at . Its the awareness that is going to take a lot of effort . Maybe Buddha's Eight fold path will be of use here .
              *Right Understanding                    * Right Thought
              *Right Speech                              *Right Action
              *Right Livelihood                          *Right Effort
              *Right Mindfulness                       * Right Concentration                                
           You know what I think Maybe the thing to to do is write all this on an index card , to carry around with me ,to remind of what I am working toward . I really want to make the changes ,to make every moment count that I have . Wow I have already covered a lot of ground today . I have really put alot on my plate for this year . I hope time will be kind to me ,so I can get some where with this .  

No comments: