Wednesday, January 9, 2013

THIS WEEK

             This week I am about to do something never thought would do ever again . I am about to put a ring on my ladies finger . We have been together almost ten years , we have been through so much  as a couple . She dreams of the day ; well let go back and tell you about it .
            One early in our relationship ,she asked me a question . I was one of those that could be considered deadly in a relationship when its just starting. The question goes like this " What do you consider the perfect woman ? ". You see what  I mean , answering that could have dire consequences to a relationship in its beginnings.
           Well ; yes I did answer the question . No I did not answer it in typical guy fashion ; I did not say Hallie Barry ; Whitney Huston or even Tyra Banks . It must have been because I was a bit more mature then  I thought I was . I proceeded to tell her . When I am old and gray and some what balding and retired , I will  sitting in a rocking chair some where on a porch watching the grass grow and the world go by . This woman will come out with my glass of ice tea and hand to me as I smack her on her rump , while I have a devilish grin .
          She then looked at me hard and wondered . She then asked how doest that make her the perfect woman ?  I answered well because she is the one that is still there .
           Well , here we find ourselves ten years later , after every thing we have gone through .Including a recent scare at the hospital. Yes , to be honest she did tell me I had to do this before her birthday in Febuary .
          How come it took me so long , that I can not give a answer for. I probaly should have done this a long time ago . I quess I was just  comfortable with things as they were . Shoot isn't that the way us guys are .  You can't blame me for doing what come natural .
        Now I find my self  haveing to go out and buy a meaningful engagment ring . Which I must say I have never in my 56 years of life done before . For this I cann't just pop in to Wallmart pick one up.Yes I know they have a jewelry counter , but that would be cheesey . Almost as bad as going to a pawn shop .
       My problem is that I have a small budget , and with the ecomony the way it is you all should understand . So how do I procede . I want her be happy and I don't want later look at that ring and wonder could I have done better . Yes I know its not the ring but the meaning thats put into it . Well the thing to do right now is just let it happen .

No comments: