Monday, August 6, 2012

Memories are a difficult thing

         Over the past few days , I had been searching through my mind for my earliest memories . I had found it difficult to even recall many . What I had come up with vague pictures in my mind of places we had lived , foggy at best . pretty much of anything before first grade is in a fog .
         I do do remember my first grade teacher Mrs Graham , and incident where I had brought her a present in to school and she chased me around the class to give me a peck on the check . From first grade on I had come with a tiny morsels of memory some good and some not so good . I definitely remember my first transistor radio . It looked like a walkie talkie ,army green with a picture of Vic Morrow from the show combat. The first song I heard on it as I best can recall was called Downtown by Petula Clarke . I guess that's why I always had a thing for going downtown just to hangout or just stroll around and always managed after I left home to live in large cities.
          Isn't funny how some memories are easily recalled and other just escape you .Or how you never know when a memory will come to you . If find that you just can't just sit there and recall them on demand . Something has jog you memory for these things to come back to you . They just can't fade away , they with you in that file cabinet in your head . They are a part of you , if fact they are what is responsible for the person you have become .They are the building blocks of our being .
          That is why when they do come to mind we need to make sure we are in the moment .Share them if we can .There many that I have that come back quite often . To tell the truth some of good ones I would not want to relive them because of the one that I want to forget or regret what also accompanied them . They are a part of my life that was not so pleasant .I am just glad I was able to walk away with my sanity .But still they worth revisiting from time to time . Because what have learned from them might be the lesson that you can share that wisdom with others so that can stay of that road you went down.Yes , memories are a difficult thing .

No comments: