Saturday, August 25, 2012

JUST A WONDER

            At times I wonder how I have made this far in life . Let me clear that up a little for you . At the time this picture was taken  I believed my path was was clear and set . At that time I thought I knew what I was doing . I was in the Air Force living in what was West Germany at the time . I was sitting in my chair listening to some albums I had just purchased . I had an strong interest in music then . an aspiring Disc Jockey .
           Any time the was a music festival on the weekends I was there , especially if I knew I could drive there and be back in time for roll call . I was into it bad . If it wasn't that it some wine fest or beer fest , or anything that had a beer tent . They always had a stage for live music . It didn't matter much what kind of music it was [ polka , rock , country ] ,I was happy .
           Not just that , I enjoyed my work . As the saying went ; when you work hard , you play hard . But as you get older your attitude changes . You get in relationships , you bring a child into the world , you move some place new ; all kinds of changes get in your life's path . You make a few poor choices then you end up working a long time to correct them , but also along the way you some good choices . But always it seems that you at times you spend a lot of time to make up for lost time or just trying to keep up .
           Then eventually one day you look at where you are at and then you begin to wonder what if , or why did I do do that . I am not saying I am not satisfied Its just that at time with my life . I just some times look in the mirror as get ready for work and say to myself , not exactly in these words , You dumb butt why did you do that , or why are you here . And with the times are as they are right now , with the shape the world and my country is in I wonder how am I just making it from day to day .  I just keep getting up every day to go work to earn the money so I can survive .
             I look at all that I have lost or left behind , the experience I had gained through it all . Some how I always end up looking at myself in a better light no matter what drama is coming my way . It always comes down to just putting on some music to put back in the state of mind you see in this picture of me back in 1981 in my home in Oberstaughenbach Gemany .

No comments: