Friday, June 7, 2013

MY LEARNING CURVE

                    As you can tell I admittedly have not been very diligent in keeping up with my blog . I am very new at this tech stuff . In my wanting to dive in and learn as much I could about using a computer .Lets just say I like a little boy with a new toy to play with the sand box . I would have to check every thing out that I would see . I would open everything in my email , which have since learned this a no no . I would explore the Internet and would see something interesting and say let me download this and see what this is about , Much to my surprise along with the program I was looking at couple more programs piggy back their way in . As many of you all have already learned this not good . I ended up with so much that it put such a drag on my equipment that I had come to the point that I hated to to use my laptop .much of the stuff I would soon see , I would not use much or not at all . It created such a drag on my system ,began to wonder why I had it . It was not doing what I needed to do very fast . I finally got smart and rest it to the factory settings . Now it is performing like the day first got it .
                  The lesson I learned is only have the programs that you absolutely need and can use daily . Stick with what I know and only what I know . I have my computer for its production value and some of it entertainment content . I now know I need not over load it all this stuff that looks good or makes itself sound like it is something you can not live without . Guess what a lot of this stuff you can do without ,I got along without it before I got this computer . A heck of a way to learn a lesson . I have always learned things the hard way . I am just that hard headed .
                 Being fifty-six , I thought I new how to manage my time . Then came this expensive laptop and all I knew of time management or rather thought I new about it went out the window . Many days and nights went by without sleep or rest of any kind . I even found I was neglecting some of the other important stuff in my life . I would begin projects or come up with ideas I would never start , but would talk about them like I was really going to do them . In all honesty , most of them I had no idea where to start .I would do searches and most of the time I would find out I did not know what I was looking for . I found that you would have to have some knowledge about the subject to really pin point what I was looking for . Or rather I was wanting so much information about to broad of area . Thus spending countless hours in front of my screen . Often times I would find I would run out of time and have to walk away to do my other obligations .Like this blog I have started I would rush through just to get something posted . Instead of spending some time to work on it , to get a post that would really worth the time to post and also worth some one to take the out there day to read it .
                  Like I said my learning curve took me through the coarse of a year and still find I have much to learn and master . Also have misinformation I would have to unlearn . So I hope to have another post soon with some good content that would bring people back to my blog again . I am just another person out here just trying to find my place in this new world that he finds himself in .
               

No comments: