Sunday, June 23, 2013

A GREEN WAY


            I was going to write about the farmers market near where I work ,but on my way I noticed something on my way there . The buzz of activity on the green the runs in front of the hospital where I work . .
            There are the couples going for their mourning walk , the people walking their dogs , the joggers and power walkers . As I walked down down the green way that mourning I saw other things that make this such a busy place .It came to mind that I often in the mourning when I get of work I walk it to wind down from a nights work .
         ONE . This walk way runs along a busy road that runs into a residential area .
        TWO. It leads into a real nice park with baseball diamonds , a play ground for little ones , a nature museum with nature trails , a large pond , a band stand with seating and plenty of picnic tables around the park . Oh yes can't forget about the tennis courts .I use to bring my daughter there when she was little girl often . She loved to feed the ducks and the walk around the pond ,even playing around near the train .
        THREE . As I mentioned earlier there's the farmers market across the street , this place is abuzz with activity all day long and two blocks away there is the county market that is open most of the week and all year long . There's the vegetable's , fresh baked cakes and pies ,plants and hand made quilts .
In fact when it first opened I found some Rhubarb there ,which I had not had in a long time . Oh yes , can not leave out the the jams ,jelly's and the fresh apple cider in season .
       FOUR . It runs in front of the hospital where it can provide a place of some respite for the staff and family members of patients . I think it adds to the look of the hospital .
      FIVE . There are a few places that have a mix of shopping and restaurants along the way . My favorite is  the Baskin Robbins and Dunkin doughnuts a short walk down the walk way near the hospital . Every so often I would stop by and get some doughnuts and hang out ,sitting at one of the many benches .
       There is plenty of activity along this green way . They , during the spring also have a festival of art in the park .That runs all along this walk way right up into the park it leads to . Oh yea I have failed to mention this walkways name . Sugar Creek Green Way which runs for twenty miles through Charlotte NC . To me this is one of Charlotte's treasures . I enjoy it so much .

No comments: