Friday, November 28, 2014

Some Thoughts of Thanksgiving

                              Remember , back in the day Thanksgiving Day was was much simpler . It was all about the turkey , football , parades , and the family , all the Aunts, Uncles , Cousins coming over . As kids we all sat at the kids table . Now if you looked around today , everyone at the adult table are the same faces as in the day when you sat at the kids table plus a few new faces . You begin to realise the adult table is the kids table . Only the conversation is about our jobs , the economy ,and politics , not the teenage idle that's on the cover of a teen magazine , or the poster of babe on your bedroom wall . On my wall were the Charley's Angels and The Police Woman . Frankly I was surprised my mom even let me put them up on my wall . Thanksgiving is not really the same anymore because the conversation of the women are of the sales they are going to hit that night and the next day . I long for the days when it was about sharing a meal with family  , where that day was an event not a prelude to Christmas sales . Am I wrong for thinking this , I don't think so . Its not the same special day it was so many years ago .
                            I do still hope that all had a great Thanksgiving Dinner with family .




No comments: