Monday, February 24, 2014

GETTING STARTED

                      Your reading the writing's of a professional procrastinator , this because a lot times I have no idea where to start on an idea or anything else for that matter. I have this idea for a book that I came up with while writing blog over a year ago . It just will not fade away ,like many others I had . I find my self searching web sites for how to write a book and sites about the time period in which I want it to be .
                    The problem is just is putting pen to paper and getting that first word out of the way . I do all this reading and have no idea how to sort out . Then when I think I am finally think I am going to get my Great American Novel started , life just seems to get in my way . The same as it has in writing this blog , I do not write in blog as much as I should . Some of the advice that just keeps being repeated over and over is write something every day no matter what it is . This seems to be harder than it sounds . Work and relationships just at times do not allow me the the time to work diligently on my ideas . Some I sitting here at my key board ready to add something to this blog , it just is nothing willing to flow out of the ends of my fingers . I end up staring at blank screen for while before I give up .
                 I will never get started this way but sitting here putting this may the start in the right direction , I just have to make time to do this every day or at least once a week . I realize I am just going on and on , but it seems the best way to get this of my chest . Also by putting in writing it should hold me accountable to what I need to do .
                I do thank you for allowing me to express my thoughts . I just for once in my life , I would like to follow through on something . So many things in past I had started and never finished . Once I thought about becoming a carpenter and now after all those classes an training in the Air Force in it , I now work in a kitchen . I also thought about being a Disc Jockey once , I did for while when I was in the Air Force . I was stationed at Castle Air force Base , I did this at night at the clubs on base around 78 and 79 . When I left there for other parts of the world I had the intention to carry on with it . Needless to say it never happened .
As with many other things in my life some I regret and others never give much thought to . As you can see I have a history putting things off . Again thanks for letting me getting this in the open .

No comments: